Our busy 6 Doctor Veterinary Clinic in the heart of Lakeway is currently seeking to hire kennel staff for our medical and boarding facilities.
We take pride in the care that we give to the pets that stay with us. We do everything in our power to make their stay safe and comfortable. We are looking for an individual with good communication skills, works well with animals, thinks outside the box, energetic, and a good team player. Weekends are a must for this position.
Essential Job Functions
- Walks through the kennel areas checking each animal individually for any abnormal activity such as vomiting, diarrhea, or blood in the cage or run. Reports all abnormal activity to supervisors, doctors and technicians, makes a note in the computer so the animal can be examined.
- Recognizes emergency situations, enlisting the aid of doctors and technicians.
- Marks charts correctly for medication, eating, drinking, fecal and urine production.
- Feeds and waters animals according to schedules.
- Cleans and disinfects cages, runs and yards as needed, including changing and washing soiled bedding.
- Cleans cat litter boxes.
- Cleans and disinfects all food and water bowls.
- Operates washer and dryer to clean kennel bedding and hospital laundry.
- Administers medications to those animals that require medications while they are boarding.
- Records and labels all belongings.
- Records medication instructions on the kennel medication board.
- Works part of the day outside all year round.
- Restrains animals as needed.
- Maintains equipment.
- Provides friendly interaction with clients and animals. Ensures customer satisfaction.
- Maintains cleanliness of entire hospital
- Bathes boarders as needed or requested.
- Discount Pricing on Services
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off